All Saints Terrace offers fully furnished supported accommodation to people with mental health needs. The accommodation is in bedsits in shared houses and in self contained flats. It provides a range of support to suit individual needs.
Description of service and support
The 3 bedsits contain a handbasin, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster and have a shared kitchen, bathroom and a shower room, plus a communal lounge. The self contained flats are fully furnished and consist of a bedroom, lounge, kitchen and bathroom. The accommodation is long term and maintained to a high quality. There is easy access to local amenities. Small pets may be allowed after support needs assessment and discussions with the housing officer.
Support provided includes:
- Essential life skills and independent living skills including managing finances and shopping;
- Support to gain employment and further education;
- Advice in claiming welfare benefits;
- Support planning and risk assessments tailored to meet individual needs;
- Named keyworker for each individual;
- Out of hours support provided by the NCHA SMaRT service (Support Management and Response Team)
- There are support sessions and regular service user meetings. Service users are encouraged to become involved with the service user magazine, service user workshops and to become involved in the running and development of the project.
There are 7 members of staff. Staff are on site between 8:00am – 22:00pm. Out of hours support is provided by SMaRT using assistive technology.
Clients next steps may be to move on to their own tenancy with or without a support package and to move into employment.
Capacity and facilities
|No of places||Upto 23|
|No of baths / head||1 bath between 3 persons main house only.|
|No of showers / head||1 shower between 3 persons main house only, plus a shower in each flat.|
|No of toilets / head||2/3 Main house plus one in each flat|
|Own cooking facilities||Yes|
|24 hour staff cover||No but out of hours support via SMaRT service|
|Computer / internet access||Yes|
|TV (own room)||No|
|Own room furnished||Yes|
|Laundry on site||Yes|
|Can you smoke in own room?||Yes|
|What are the restrictions on guests visiting during the day?||None|
|What are the restrictions on overnight guests?||There are overnight restrictions of three stays per week.|
|What support must clients engage with?||Tenancy sustainment, daily living skills, budgeting|
|Please detail any other significant house rules:||None|
Tenure and costs
|What is the minimum stay?||N/A|
|What is the maximum stay?||N/A|
|What are the tenure options?||Assured Shorthold Tenancy|
|What is the cost per week to the client?||Service charge of £12/week and some council tax responsibility. Other accommodation costs met by Housing Benefit.|
|Minimum age accommodated?
|Maximum age accommodated?
||Male & Female|
|Relationship status accommodated?
||Singles only, no dependents|
|Are there any access restrictions and if so what?||No wheelchair access, several steps|
2, All Saints Terrace