Corporation Oaks provides semi-independent accommodation for young single homeless people between the ages of 16-25. The accommodation consists of fully furnished self contained bedsits and flats.
Description of service and support
All of the accommodation is self contained, with some flats having separate bedrooms and is maintained to the highest standard. There is a garden area to front of property. The property is close to Nottingham City Centre. Pets are not allowed.
Support provided includes:
- Essential life skills and independent living skills including managing finances and shopping;
- Support to gain employment and further education;
- Access to in-house qualifications
- Advice in claiming welfare benefits;
- Support to gain permanent accommodation and maintain tenancy;
- Support planning and risk assessments tailored to meet individual needs;
- Named Keyworker for each individual;
- Out of hours support provided by the NCHA SMaRT service (Support Management and Response Team);
- Support sessions and regular service user meetings and service user led activities and groups;
- Regular drop in sessions with local support groups.
Most young people move on from Corporation Oaks to live independently in their own accommodation or with friends.
Capacity and facilities
|No of places||13|
|No of baths / head||0|
|No of showers / head||1/1|
|No of toilets / head||1/1|
|Own cooking facilities||Yes|
|24 hour staff cover||No|
|Computer / internet access||Yes|
|TV (own room)||No|
|Own room furnished||Yes|
|Laundry on site||No|
|Can you smoke in own room?||Yes|
|What are the restrictions on guests visiting during the day?||None|
|What are the restrictions on overnight guests?||Yes, within limits.|
|What support must clients engage with?|| Daily contact with staff and a weekly
|Please detail any other significant house rules:||None.|
Tenure and costs
|What is the minimum stay?||None|
|What is the maximum stay?||2 years|
|What are the tenure options?||Tenancy agreement for people aged 18 – 25 years. Licence for people aged 16 – 17 years.|
|What is the cost per week to the client?||£12.66 per person per week to cover utilities and communal expenses.|
|Minimum age accommodated?
|Maximum age accommodated?
|Relationship status accommodated?
||Singles only, no dependents|
|Are there any access restrictions and if so what?||None.|
16-22 Corporation Oaks