Basera forms part of the Ashiana service and provides supported long term accommodation for Asian singles/couples aged 45+ with an enduring health need in a culturally appropriate environment. The accommodation is in fully furnished, self contained, one bedroom flats with access to communal facilities. Pets are allowed but only birds/fish.
Description of service and support
Long term accommodation in fully furnished self contained flats with bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. Communal TV lounge, kitchen and laundry facilities are available. There is a secure gate entry system and 24 hour call emergency assistance system. There are disabled facilities and wheelchair access.
Support provided includes:
- Support Planning and Risk Assessments tailored to meet individual health needs;
- Translation and interpretation of mail, bills and meetings as appropriate;
- Named Keyworker for each individual;
- Out of hours support provided by the NCHA SMaRT service (Support Management and Response Team);
- Support to gain more independent living and advice in claiming welfare benefits;
- Support sessions and regular service user meetings;
- Respect for choices, privacy, confidentiality and promotion of equalities and diversity.
Client's next steps are dependant on individuals needs/desires - independent accommodation, family, registered care. Accommodation is long term.
Capacity and facilities
|No of places||10|
|No of baths / head||2 in total|
|No of showers / head||8 in total|
|No of toilets / head||10 in total|
|Own cooking facilities||Yes|
|24 hour staff cover||No but emergency service available via SMaRT|
|Computer / internet access||No|
|TV (own room)||No|
|Own room furnished||Yes|
|Laundry on site||Yes|
|Can you smoke in own room?||Yes|
|What are the restrictions on guests visiting during the day?||None|
|What are the restrictions on overnight guests?||None|
|What support must clients engage with?||Health related|
|Please detail any other significant house rules:||House rules form part of tenancy agreement with full involvement of tenants.|
Tenure and costs
|What is the minimum stay?||NA|
|What is the maximum stay?||NA|
|What are the tenure options?||Assured Shorthold|
|What is the cost per week to the client?||£276.69|
|Minimum age accommodated?
|Maximum age accommodated?
||Male and Female|
|Relationship status accommodated?
||Singles and couples. No dependents.|
|Are there any access restrictions and if so what?||Secure gated entrance|
1-21 Bobbersmill Road