Dale Street is a supported housing project for people aged 18+ with enduring mental health needs. The accommodation consists of 8 fully furnished self contained bedsits and 10 flats in the Sneinton area. Clients need to have a Self Directed Support package of at least 15 hours of support.
Description of service and support
The accommodation consists of fully furnished self contained bedsits and flats and is maintained to the highest standard. There is easy access to local amenities. Pets are not allowed.
Support provided includes:
- Essential life skills and independent living skills including managing finances and shopping;
- Support to gain employment and further education;
- Advice in claiming welfare benefits;
- Support planning and risk assessments tailored to meet individual needs;
- Named Keyworker for each individual;
- Out of hours support provided by the NCHA SMaRT service (Support Management and Response Team);
- Support sessions and regular service user meetings, newsletters and one-to-one support and activities and groups.
Clients next steps would usually be to live independently with their own tenancy.
Capacity and facilities
|No of places||20|
|No of baths / head||0|
|No of showers / head||1|
|No of toilets / head||1|
|Own cooking facilities||Yes|
|24 hour staff cover||No|
|Computer / internet access||No|
|TV (own room)||No|
|Own room furnished||Yes|
|Laundry on site||Yes|
|Can you smoke in own room?||Yes|
|What are the restrictions on guests visiting during the day?||Only two visitors per flat for Health & Safety reasons.|
|What are the restrictions on overnight guests?||None|
|What support must clients engage with?||Support packages which are designed around the service users needs.|
|Please detail any other significant house rules:||None|
Tenure and costs
|What is the minimum stay?||None|
|What is the maximum stay?||None|
|What are the tenure options?||Assured Shorthold Tenancy|
|What is the cost per week to the client?||Service charge £12/week and some council tax responsibility. All other accommodation costs met by Housing benefit.|
|Minimum age accommodated?
|Maximum age accommodated?
||Male and female|
|Relationship status accommodated?
||Single only, no dependents.|
|Are there any access restrictions and if so what?||None.|
2 Dale Street