Newark & Sherwood Young Person’s service is a supported housing project for 16 to 21 year olds who are homeless or are being threatened with homelessness. It provides housing support with access to training.
Description of service and support
There are 7 single units of accommodation in Newark town centre and 6 single units of accommodation in Ollerton. All are self contained and fully furnished to a high standard. There are two members of staff. No pets are allowed.
Support provided includes:
- Essential life skills and independent living skills including managing finances and shopping;
- Support to gain employment and further education;
- Completion of a structured learning program;
- Advice in claiming welfare benefits;
- Support planning and risk assessments tailored to meet individual needs;
- Named Keyworker for each individual;
- Out of hours support provided by the NCHA SMaRT service (Support Management and Response Team);
- Support sessions and regular service user meetings;
- Weekly Life Skills sessions.
This is a medium level support service and it would generally be expected that clients move on to live independently in local authority or RSL accommodation.
Capacity and facilities
|No of places||13|
|No of baths / head||0|
|No of showers / head||1|
|No of toilets / head||1|
|Own cooking facilities||Yes|
|24 hour staff cover||No|
|Computer / internet access||No|
|TV (own room)||No|
|Own room furnished||Yes|
|Laundry on site||No|
|Can you smoke in own room?||Yes|
|What are the restrictions on guests visiting during the day?||None|
|What are the restrictions on overnight guests?||No restrictions|
|What support must clients engage with?||Minimum 5 hours per week|
|Please detail any other significant house rules:||No drugs on premises, no Anti Social Behaviour.|
Tenure and costs
|What is the minimum stay?||None|
|What is the maximum stay?||2 years|
|What are the tenure options?||ASTs|
|What is the cost per week to the client?||£163 – £175 p/w depending on property|
|Minimum age accommodated?
|Maximum age accommodated?
||Male and female|
|Relationship status accommodated?
||Single only, no dependents|
|Are there any access restrictions and if so what?||None. All are self contained units.|
42-44 Lombard Street