The North Road project is for vulnerable people who want to live independently in a community setting. A wide range of support is available.
Description of service and support
The accommodation consists of 4 bedrooms each with private ensuite facilities. There is a communal lounge, dining room, kitchen and small walled communal garden. The accommodation is fully furnished and maintained to a high standard. There is easy access to local amenities. The accommodation is not suitable for people with physical disabilities. There are 3 support staff and 1 manager. No pets are allowed.
Support provided includes:
- Essential life skills and independent living skills including managing finances and shopping;
- Support to gain employment and further education;
- Advice in claiming welfare benefits;
- Support planning and risk assessments tailored to meet individual needs;
- Named Keyworker for each individual;
- Out of hours support provided by the NCHA SMaRT service (Support Management and Response Team);
- Support sessions and regular service user meetings with users participating in the running of the project.
Clients next steps would normally be to move on to independent living.
Capacity and facilities
|No of places||4|
|No of baths / head||ensuite|
|No of showers / head||ensuite|
|No of toilets / head||ensuite|
|Own cooking facilities||Yes|
|24 hour staff cover||No|
|Computer / internet access||No|
|TV (own room)||No|
|Own room furnished||Yes|
|Laundry on site||Yes|
|Can you smoke in own room?||Yes|
|What are the restrictions on guests visiting during the day?||None|
|What are the restrictions on overnight guests?||Need to inform staff prior to staying.|
|What support must clients engage with?||Tenancy Related|
|Please detail any other significant house rules:||None|
Tenure and costs
|What is the minimum stay?||1 year|
|What is the maximum stay?||2 years|
|What are the tenure options?||Assured Shorthold|
|What is the cost per week to the client?||Supporting People Funded + Housing Benefit|
|Minimum age accommodated?
|Maximum age accommodated?
|Relationship status accommodated?
||Single only, no dependents|
|Are there any access restrictions and if so what?||None|
24 North Road