Cobwell Road is a short term, supported housing project for 16-21 year olds who are homeless or who are being threatened with homelessness.
Description of service and support
Accommodation consists of 8 self contained flats and 2 bedsits. All are self contained, fully furnished and maintained to a high standard. It is close to local amenities and has easy access to the local train station.
5 members of staff are available. We do not accept pets.
Support provided includes:
- Essential life skills and independent living skills including managing finances and shopping;
- Support to gain employment and further education;
- Support to gain access to City and Guilds qualification;
- Advice in claiming welfare benefits;
- Support planning and risk assessments tailored to meet individual needs;
- Named key worker for each individual;
- Out of hours support provided by the NCHA SMaRT service (Support Management and Response Team);
- Monthly Service User meetings and users are encouraged to be involved in maintaining a pleasant and safe environment;
- Involvement in producing support package.
After staying at Cobwell Road clients generally move to independence or to Wright Wilson Street for ongoing move-on support.
Capacity and facilities
|No of places||10|
|No of baths / head||1|
|No of showers / head||1|
|No of toilets / head||1|
|Own cooking facilities||Yes|
|24 hour staff cover||Yes through out of hours team|
|Computer / internet access||Yes|
|TV (own room)||No|
|Own room furnished||Yes|
|Laundry on site||No|
|Can you smoke in own room?||Yes|
|What are the restrictions on guests visiting during the day?||Max 2 visitors per flat.|
|What are the restrictions on overnight guests?||Yes|
|What support must clients engage with?||High levels of support (15 hrs per week).|
|Please detail any other significant house rules:||No drugs on premises, no Anti Social Behaviour|
Tenure and costs
|What is the minimum stay?||None|
|What is the maximum stay?||2 Years|
|What are the tenure options?||Licence.|
|What is the cost per week to the client?||174.01 p/w|
|Minimum age accommodated?
|Maximum age accommodated?
||Male and Female|
|Relationship status accommodated?
||Singles only. No dependants.|
|Are there any access restrictions and if so what?||All flats are self contained.|
59 Cobwell Road
2 mins from train station on East Coast Mainline, buses to all local centres.