In particular we:
- Co-ordinate the views of the sector as a whole and act as an interface with local Government to influence local policy and implementation
- Provide up to date local news, information and policy briefings
- Manage the online Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Homelessness Directory
- Support individual organisations to improve, develop and share their practice
- Offer fee paying specialised training and consultancy throughout the East Midlands area.
Full membership is open to organisations providing services to homeless and vulnerably housed people in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Specific membership benefits include:
- Free copies of the monthly news e-bulletin 'Homing In'
- Discount on training and consultancy
- Regular updates on policy changes affecting the sector
- The opportunity to nominate a representative for election to the HLG Management Committee
- Free advertising of staff and volunteer vacancies on the HLG web-site
Fees are on a sliding scale dependent on an organisation's turnover. Affiliate membership is also available for organisations outside Nottingham City or the County of Nottinghamshire. For full details please see the membership section of the HLG web-site.
HLG: Bringing People, Policy & Practice together to improve choices and social justice for homeless and vulnerably housed people.